Welcome 2010! That automatic double tap of the “0″ button comes to an end we type out this decade’s first year. I will probably be typing the year 200-backspace-2010 for a while, but I will get used to it.
Anyway, many of us have welcomed in the new year with celebration, fun and perhaps more alcohol than we usually imbibe. I will never cease to be amused that most Americans start the first day of the new year, will all of its promise and new resolutions, hungover and asleep. My own carousing was limited because I had to work the morning of the first.
For all of you still feeling the effects of holiday partying, let us provide comfort- if not a remedy. This month’s theme for “Go Ahead Honey, it’s Gluten Free!” is therefore: Stews from around the world.
Bring out the old world family recipes, the scribbled down notes of cobbled together soups discovered while on vacation, and new flavor combinations we never thought ourselves brave enough to try.
If you are familiar with Naomi’s blog, then you know the drill. For those of you who are not, here it is:
1. Come up with or rediscover a gluten-free soup or stew that comes from abroad or has an international flare (I leave the interpretation to you).
2. Type it up for your blog (with a picture if you can), and send both the link to your blog and the recipe/picture to me (notwhatiwanted @ gmail. com).
3. Be sure to post the recipe with the heading “Go Ahead Honey its Gluten Free”
4. Don’t have a blog? Just send the recipe and picture to the above email.
5. DEADLINE: Send your recipes by January 28th in order to see them posted here with links back to your blog on the 31st of January!